Saturday, May 2, 2009

SORRY IS ALL THAT YOU CAN'T SAY

Woke again, with you on my heart--inside my brain--it doesn't help knowing you to be unworthy of such places of honor.


Took a shower, made some coffee, fed the dog, checked my e-mails, but you stayed-- on my heart--inside my brain.


So, maybe one day you will wake to find me taking up space in a small corner of your mind, and you will take a shower, and make some coffee, and feed the dog and, when checking e-mails, stumble across this silly little blog and read my words, and know, with complete certainty, you are loved.


And maybe, just maybe, it will matter.


Was I?


Was I a point you had to make

Of worth and wealth and gain?

A stage on which you could parade

Your value and your fame?


Was I the voice of yesterday

That time had not reclaimed?

A chance among your middle years

Your younger ones regained?


Was I the link you had missed

The soul plug you sought?

The cure, the mix, the filling of

The emptiness you’ve fought?


Was I the price you had to pay

To keep your world intact?

A wish, a hope, a paradox

Colliding with your fact?

Or

Was I only just a game

Distraction for a day?

A pleasant passing of your time

Entertainment on display?






No comments:

Post a Comment