Saturday, July 25, 2009

ON LOVE



I teach four and five-year-olds. I love the way their brains work. People underestimate them. They are sharp.

This week I had surgery to remove four pesky little tumors who've been giving me rather a hard time of it lately. The day before I went in, I walked into a classroom full of love. The children had brought me presents and flowers and cards. There were Band-Aid decorated cupcakes and strawberry ice-cream, my favorite, a fact one mother took the time and bother to learn.

I got some pretty good stuff. Books, Starbucks gift cards, CD's, and movies, but my favorite gift by far was a well-worn green and pink frog.

Mr. Kroakers.

He belongs to one of the little girls in my class. He's seen her through some pretty tough times. Been with her since she was tiny, not that she all that much bigger now, given to me because, "You need him more then me right now, Ms. Pamela."

I struck a deal with her, I would take ol' Mr. Kroakers home with me, but only on loan, 'til I'm feeling better, then back to her he goes.

Mr. Kroakers greeted me when I woke up in the hospital. His goofy little smile and all the love he represents made me smile.

Thank you, Mikayla for Mr. Kroakers, he really helped a lot.


2 comments:

  1. :-)

    missed talking to you tonight. Hope you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am, thank you Jeff. Missed our talk too.

    ReplyDelete